Monday, April 1, 2013

4/01/2013

It’s been a while since I posted anything, and I’ve recently had some weird shit happen to me at work. So, I was typing stuff in for a column when suddenly my computer turned off and the screen seemed to gradient downwards to black, making the screen look off. Now, I had just worked on this column for about 6 hours now, and it was gone. Poof. It was my own fault that I didn’t Ctrl-S it, and it pissed me off. So, I stood up, calmly, walked over into the break room, made some coffee to calm down, and then it hit me. I threw the hot coffee at the wall and yelled some profanity. A coworker was sitting in the room and asked me what the hell was wrong, and I told her. She walked out of the room, came back, and told me that the computer was on. Now, I realize that it was probably my hallucination, all the way up until I walked over to my keyboard and saw some of the keys blacked out with a marker in some weird fashion, like this:

 
qWerTyuIop
AsdfGHjkl
zCvbNm

            The uppercased letters were the only ones not crossed and blacked out, the lowercase letters were. I raised my keyboard up and asked who did it, but people looked at me silly. I looked again and it was back to normal. I asked my manager if I could go home and lay down, told her about my sleep issues and she let me go.

            Hope you can get something outta this, Doc.

~Jax

No comments:

Post a Comment